What a wonderful day I had today. I spent the morning with my parents- eating breakfast, chatting and searching through my grandfather's penny collection for a copper penny circa 1943. Apparently those are worth a lot of money! After dad left for work, mom and I spent time looking through pictures and then working on stuff for tomorrow.
I was able to run around town for a few things and my mind just flooded with memories. Memories from high school and college, but mostly from grades 9-12. I know I share these memories with only a few other people, but I thought I'd share the ones that stuck out...
- The Ronald Regan Pkwy scooter accident
- Surprise birthday parties and countless luaus
- Shaving cream fights
- Off campus senior lunches
- Brookwood Baptist youth group
- Cody Lane's beautiful funeral and balloon release
- Learning to drive
- Going to Brusters almost weekly at one point (and always ordering the same thing)
- Watching late night movies, sometimes watching movies all night!
One of the areas that I drove though this afternoon is home to a Hindu temple. This thing literally looks like a sand castle masterpiece. It is
beautiful. Unfortunately all I had with me was my phone so the pictures seriously don't do it justice. It does make me sad though to think these people are worshiping a false god and not the one true God.
Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
No comments:
Post a Comment