Day 111::August 26, 2010

It was a big day for us today!  Doug and I closed on our house and we couldn't be more excited.  The Lord has blessed us with the perfect little starter home.  And the cool thing is, this home has been in the family for over 50 years!  Over the past year and half or so we've been adding little touches to make it "ours" and after I moved in and added all my stuff, it has really began to feel like home. 

On the other hand, I am writing to you tonight from my parent's house in Atlanta!  My good friend Amanda has a wedding shower this weekend and I'm in town for that.  Amanda and I grew up in the same neighborhood, but we both thought each other was a little weird so we didn't hang out.  It wasn't until I got to know her at Berry College that I realized what an amazing friend I would find in her.

On my way home I stopped at a QT... this is one of the things I miss most about Georgia.  Alabama people, y'all are missing out.  Things that make QuikTrip wonderful- it's always clean, the employees are friendly, cheaper gas than other places, yummy food options, a billion drink choices (including hot chocolate that tastes amazing) and a wall of delicious slushy flavors.  They even offer a drink recipe card for those creative soda mixers out there.  You know who you are, no shame.  Alabama, y'all may have Milo's and Jacks but you're missing out when it comes to QuikTrip!

No comments:

Post a Comment