Day 8::May 15, 2010

Today I got to spend time in my favorite city with some of my favorite people.  We got up this morning and headed to downtown Nashville to walk around and enjoy the day.  While we were there we saw some of the flood damage.  Jarrod told us how high some of the waters were and I was blown away!  In the picture below, he explained that the water rose to the second floor of most of the buildings (nearest the river) and only the top part of the red structure (left) could be seen.


For lunch we enjoyed BBQ on an outdoor patio at Rippy's.  We also got to spend time in a few of the shops.  I mostly enjoyed the Gruhn guitar store because they had they had hundreds of guitars, banjos, mandolins, basses ect. on display.  Some were new and some were REALLY old.  I think Doug also had fun there because he got to teach me several interesting facts about the instrument that he loves so much.  I even spotted a $13,000 guitar... that's as much as my car cost!!! 

Picture taken from www.gruhn.com


Love y'all and thanks for catching up today!
~jb

2 comments:

  1. Hey Julie!! I LOVE checking out your blog, so thanks so much for posting! I would love to do the 365 thing, but I'm not sure I would keep up with it as well as you are. Keep it up because I really enjoy reading about your little adventures! ~lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! I didn't realize you were a blogger! How fun. I love keeping up with friends this way. Thanks for checking it out each day! I am having so much fun figuring out this whole blogging and photography world. Did you know that I too am now a youth pastor's wife? How about that. :) ~jb

    ReplyDelete