Day 44::June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Dad!  I'm pretty sure I have the best dad in the whole world and I'm thankful for the influence he's had in my life.  I value his opinion, I treasure his company and I love him more than I could put into words.

We celebrated Father's Day with my dad by driving up to Helen and tubing (see the post from Friday).  Today we celebrated with Doug's dad by having lunch and playing Saved By the Bell after church.

Today's lesson in Sunday School was about modesty.  Seems to be a hot topic these days... pun intended.  Pastor, author and speaker, CJ Mahaney says, “Any biblical discussion of modesty begins by addressing the heart, not the hemline.”  I just love this quote!  I'm encouraged that scripture is clear about this topic and even has words for when someone has a problem with modesty.  Paul speaks about it in 1 Timothy 2:8-10 and Solomon in Proverbs 11:22.  There are also several other supporting passages.  In my opinion, a good article to find these passages is found here.

Since there was no church planned for tonight, Doug and I invited his family to go see Toy Story 3 with us.  It was such a good movie!  I was skeptical at first but Pixar did a fantastic job reaching audience members of all ages.

After the movie Doug and I went to Whole Foods to pick up some healthy, farm raised chicken meat and some Zevia, basically coke but sweetened with stevia instead of high fructose corn syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment