Day 35::June 11, 2010

Today was the last day of VBS.  It was such a fun week.  I finally feel like I belong here.  Over the last six years or so I haven't had a "home" church.  I feel like Brookwood has always been my home church, and West Rome for the time that I was at school, but between living in Rome, Atlanta and now Birmingham, I haven't been able to stay very active in any one church body.  The people here have been so welcoming and so loving.  I could keep going but instead I'll go ahead with the post. :)

After VBS the youth had pizza and "water day".  After asking the blessing, the group was sabotaged by a few of the other youth with water balloons and water guns.  After almost 1,000 balloons, buckets and buckets of water, lots of water guns and even a few guys in pelleting balloons from the dumpster, we got to enjoy our lunch.  Doug and I, of course, got water poured all over us but hey, it was fun and I wouldn't have traded it for staying dry.

 

After all the fun Doug and I decided to make some fresh squeezed lemonade.  It was SO GOOD!


And last but not least, Delia's haircut!  Don't judge my skills as this is my first attempt at grooming a squirmy dog.  I think she looks pretty cute though!

No comments:

Post a Comment