Day 43::June 19, 2010

Summer in the south means HEAT and lots of it.  Where the asphalt is too hot to walk across barefoot and no matter how much work you put into fixing your hair, the humidity and heat will turn it into a frizz ball before you make it to your car.  South summer heat also means you can line dry clothes in less than an hour and it's impossible not to sweat, ahem, glisten, even when sitting down outdoors.

A few months ago Doug and I bought a fan for our bedroom.  PRAISE THE LORD WE DID- we keep the house at a cool 78 degrees so it makes the fan feels amazing.  Today, I was extra glad we had one, so I took a picture of it just to share with you.

Go turn on your fan today and be thankful.


Today we also had a really great rainstorm and the power went out.  We had lunch at "Our Place" with Doug's parents and discussed the possibility of raising a calf... to eat.  Am I a fan of this yet?  Ehh... not sure.  I quickly get attached to animals and am afraid if we had a calf that I'd never be able to eat her after she's grown.  We'll see what happens, and of course, I'll keep you updated.

-jb

No comments:

Post a Comment