Warning! Gross picture today. But on with the post first. This afternoon and evening I enjoyed spending time with some wonderful girls from church. After church we headed over to Doug's parent's house to celebrate his mom's birthday! They had cake from the same place that did Megan's (Doug's sister) wedding cake. It was sooo good!
After all that is when the most interesting part of my day started taking place. Around 10:30 I was hanging out with Delia and found some interesting bumps on her tummy. If I kinda squeezed one like a zit, something would kinda pop out of it. It was white and gross and freaked me out completely. You see, I had read this article on fly strike a while back. It's where an animal has a wound in which a fly lays eggs. The dog can get infected and die shortly thereafter. Thankfully, I have a friend who works an overnight shift at an animal hospital. I always ask her advice on dog issues since I've never had to take care of a dog before. Tonight was no different. She helped me through the different possibilities and then we finally figured out what they were. Ticks! I couldn't believe it. It certainly did not look like a tick. It looked like a worm or something! Anyway, with Doug's help, we were able to get the little boogers out of her. I felt sorry for her because it was obvious that she was uncomfortable but a little treat and belly rub did the trick and made her feel all better. Now, ready to see the tick?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment