Day 56::July 2, 2010

The fishing continued today.  It rained pretty much non-stop.  Fortunately my grandparents covered the swing out by the pond so I was able to stay dry.  Doug on the other hand was soaked.  The day started out looking somewhat promising, but still no catfish...only a bream.


Things I like about this picture- the tarp, the rain drops on the water and my determined husband in the distance.


After trying the typical bait: worms, bream, hot dogs, stink bait; we went to a more unconventional bait.  Zote soap.  Zote was recommended by someone that uses it all the time apparently.  It advertises a 66% or higher content of animal fat so it's supposed to be good for fishing.  It didn't work for us though but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a picture of us using SOAP as fish bait.  By the way, it DID work for my cousin, crazy!


Our next attempt at fish bait... frogs.  We had to wait all day to use these little guys.  Please note that Doug is drenched from the rain.  The frogs also did not work, at least this time.  I hope nobody from PETA reads this blog.


Hopefully he'll catch something tomorrow before he leaves at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment