Day 72::July 18, 2010

Student Life Kids Camp::Day Three

Today is our last day at camp!!  We've had so much fun.  I have really enjoyed getting to know all our awesome girls, especially those who are coming into the youth in a few weeks.  Today we heard from a student who had grown up in Africa as a child sponsored by Compassion International.  He told us his story- how he, with his four siblings and mother lived in a 10x10 house, how he grew up in poverty, and that received his first pair of shoes when he was nine years old.  He told us about his sponsor, a New York resident, and how he first received hope when he found out he was being sponsored.

This story really hit home for me since Doug and I are sponsoring someone.  Our child lives in Tanzania and is eight years old.  His name is Mussa John and we have enjoyed writing to him.  It was especially exciting when we received a hand written letter and drawing from him.



Because it was the last night of camp, the children's minister's wife, Kelly, let the girls stay up as late as they wanted.  I wimped out and went to bed at 2:30 but I hear a few stayed up until 5:00, crazy!  We stayed up playing games, giggling and talking.  It was such a fun time getting to goof off and have fun.


ENERGY!!!  



Remember the big suckers from yesterday's post?  Check out the inside!!




No comments:

Post a Comment